Berkeley Festival (BFX 12) Fringe
June 3 - June 10, 2012
Information for Performers
BFX 12 Home |
Event List by Performer |
Combined Events Calendar |
Printable Schedule (pdf)
Support the BFX |
Info for Fringe Performers
Main Stage Calendar |
Fringe Calendar |
Fringe Performers |
Main Stage Box Office
One of the most exciting components of each Berkeley Festival is
the Fringe — a series of self-produced concerts by
ensembles from around the world.
During the 2010 Berkeley Festival,
Fringe performers presented over fifty concerts and events.
The Fringe offers
a perfect opportunity for your ensemble to showcase its unique
talents to a large and appreciative audience. Your BFX 12 Fringe
event can take place anytime from Sunday, June 3rd, through
Sunday, June 10th.
The theme for the Berkeley Festival is:
While it is not required that your concert emphasize this theme, please consider
including some references to cultural cross-fertilizations.
A Musical Mosaic
The course of western music has been profoundly shaped by encounters of
interspersing peoples—artists, migrants, traders and adventurers—that have
sparked astonishing creativity over the centuries. The 2012 Berkeley Festival
(June 3-10, 2012) celebrates the finest musical fruits of these great cultural
The San Francisco Early Music Society (SFEMS), producer of the
2012 Berkeley Festival, is offering a range of services for
individuals and groups wishing to present Fringe events. The
services are optional and are available to everyone on a first-come,
first-served basis. They are offered in several categories and
include a calendar of events on the Web, information on available
venues, and support for publicity.
Note: after May 13 it is too late for your event to be listed in the
Festival booklet, publicity flier, or press releases.
- SFEMS maintains an on-line calendar
of all Fringe events. Once you have scheduled your event,
it will be included in the calendar.
Important note: because of mainstage scheduling, Fringe events for
the following times will not be listed in the calendar:
- Sunday, June 3 between 8:00 pm and 10 pm
- Wednesday, June 6 between 5:00 pm and 10 pm
- Thursday, June 7 between 5:00 pm and 10 pm
- Friday, June 8 between 5:00 pm and 10 pm
- Saturday, June 9 between 5:00 pm and 10 pm
- Sunday, June 10 between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm
- SFEMS provides information on appropriate performance venues.
Standard Publicity services ($50 one-time fee; $75 after May 6th):
- SFEMS will include a listing for your event in a planned Festival booklet.
- SFEMS will include your event in a special publicity flyer
that will be posted at many locations in the community and
made available at Fringe and Conference events.
- SFEMS will include your event in press releases and public service
announcements regarding the Fringe.
- SFEMS will post expanded information about your event
linked to your listing on the calendar of events.
Premium publicity services
(additional $25 one time fee; $50 after May 6th):
- SFEMS will post your event (including program description and color pics)
BFX 12 page on Facebook and invite friends and fans
- SFEMS will include your event (including program description
and color pics) in upcoming BFX 12 Fringe email blasts
- SFEMS will post your event to the Berkeley Festival home page at
- SFEMS will post your program notes as a pdf
To schedule a Fringe event . . .
- Choose a date and time, referring to the
calendar of events.
(see note above for blackout times due to mainstage events)
- Choose a location, using the suggested
venue list provided by SFEMS, and then contact the venue directly
to reserve the time and make payment arrangements.
- If you wish to employ the publicity services provided by SFEMS,
to pay the fee. If you haven't used Ticket Turtle before,
you will have to create a SFEMS login based on your email address. If you have
any questions about payment, please call or email the SFEMS office, 510.528.1725 or
- Fill out the
Fringe event information page
with the basic event information, and further information if you are using SFEMS' publicity
For further information on listing your Fringe concert,
call (510.233.0868) or email
The 2012 Berkeley Festival & Exhibition, Presented by the San Francisco Early Music
Society, Cal Performances, and Early Music America, in association with:
American Bach Soloists, Agave Baroque, Chanticleer, Musica Pacifica,
New Esterházy Quartet, Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra, and Voices of Music
Last updated 04/20/2012.
San Francisco Early Music Society, P.O. Box 27495, San Francisco, CA 94127-0495 ·
About SFEMS |
Concert tickets |
Flex Passes/Gifts |
Report website problems: