Berkeley Festival (BFX Ten) Fringe
June 6 - June 13, 2010
Information for Performers
BFX Ten Home |
Main Stage Info |
Event Listings |
Info for Fringe Performers |
Support the BFX
One of the most exciting components of each Berkeley Festival is
the Fringe — a series of self-produced concerts by
ensembles from around the world. During the 2008 Berkeley Festival,
Fringe performers presented over forty concerts. The Fringe offers
a perfect opportunity for your ensemble to showcase its unique
talents to a large and appreciative audience. Your BFX Ten Fringe
event can take place anytime from Sunday, June 6th, through
Sunday, June 13th.
The San Francisco Early Music Society (SFEMS), producer of the
2010 Berkeley Festival, is offering a range of services for
individuals and groups wishing to present Fringe events. The
services are optional and are available to everyone on a first-come,
first-served basis. They are offered in several categories and
include a calendar of events on the Web, information on available
venues, and support for publicity.
Note: after May 18 it is too late for your event to be listed in the
Festival booklet, publicity flier, or press releases.
- SFEMS maintains an on-line calendar
of all Fringe events. Once you have scheduled your event,
it will be included in the calendar.
Important note: because of mainstage scheduling, Fringe events for
the following times will not be listed in the calendar:
- June 10 between 5:00 pm and 10 pm
- June 11 between 5:00 pm and 10 pm
- June 12 between 5:00 pm and 10 pm
- June 13 between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm
- SFEMS provides information on appropriate performance venues.
Publicity services ($50 one-time fee after May 18th):
- SFEMS will post expanded information about your event
linked to your listing on the calendar of events.
Premium publicity services
(additional $25 one time fee; $50 after May 10th):
- SFEMS will post your event (including program description and color pics)
BFX Ten page on Facebook and invite friends and fans
- SFEMS will include your event (including program description
and color pics) in upcoming BFX Ten Fringe email blasts
- SFEMS will post your event to the BFX Ten blog at
- SFEMS will post your program notes as a pdf
To schedule a Fringe event . . .
- Choose a date and time, referring to the
calendar of events.
(see note above for blackout times due to mainstage events)
- Choose a location, using the suggested
venue list provided by SFEMS, and then contact the venue directly
to reserve the time and make payment arrangements.
- Fill out the
Fringe event information page
with the basic information.
- If you wish to employ the publicity services provided by SFEMS,
add the appropriate information to the
Fringe event information page,
and submit it along with
any required payment.
For further information on listing your Fringe concert,
call (510.233.0868) or email
The Berkeley Festival & Exhibition is presented by San Francisco Early Music Society
in association with Early Music America, Cal Performances,
Magnificat, Ave, Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and the
American Recorder Society.
Last updated 05/18/2010.
San Francisco Early Music Society, P.O. Box 27495, San Francisco, CA 94127-0495 ·
About SFEMS |
Concert tickets |
Flex Passes/Gifts |
Report website problems: